This learning resource, updated in 2022, is designed for nurses with an interest in working with people experiencing homelessness and for those who are already in this area of practice, who would like an update on current practice and approaches.
Completing this chapter will enable you to:
- know more about relevant health and safety standards and legislation
- effectively manage risks to personal and patient safety while nursing
- assess the risks presented by your patients and take sensible preventative actions
- have greater awareness of the safe administration and monitoring of medicines
- report any safety incidents.