The Queen’s Nursing Institute is a registered charity dedicated to improving the nursing care of people in the home and community.
We promote excellent nursing care for everyone, where and when they need it, provided by nurses and their teams with specific skills and knowledge.
How do we do it?
- Through our national network of Queen’s Nurses, who are committed to the highest standards of care
- By funding nurses’ own ideas to improve patient care, helping them develop their skills through training programmes
- By publishing research into nursing practice, workforce and education, improving knowledge and standards
- By influencing government, policymakers and employers, and campaigning for investment in high-quality services
- By offering educational grants to enhance nurses’ clinical knowledge
- By helping working and retired community nurses in times of financial need
- By linking up working and retired nurses for regular telephone contact.
Watch our first-ever animated film below, ‘Today’s Nurses in the Community’, our tribute to the Year of the Nurse and the Midwife 2020/21, narrated by Stephen McGann and showing the vital work of community nurses.
The animation was entirely funded by a leading UK nurse and healthcare recruitment company, Hallam Medical, which also provided creative and technical expertise.