Executive Nurse Leadership Programme
The programme is for senior nurse leaders working at an Executive, Deputy, Associate or Assistant Director or equivalent role in the community setting.
Who is it for?
This leadership programme is open to senior nurses working in a community or primary care setting, including the charity or independent sector. The areas of practice may include, but is not limited to, nurses working in district nursing, general practice nursing, community children’s nursing, learning disability nursing, community matrons, community mental health, health visitors, school nurses, specialist nurses working in the community, inclusion health nurses, care home nurses and all adult social care and nurses working health and justice services.
If you can say ‘yes’ to all the questions below, this programme is right for you!
- Are you a nurse working at Executive, Deputy, Associate or Assistant Director or equivalent and a role where you can influence strategy?
- Do you have input and influence at board level within your organisation?
- Do you want to develop your leadership skills?
- Do you want to go from ‘Good to Great’?
If you are not sure if this programme is right for you, have a look at our Aspiring Leaders Programme which has different criteria.
What is it about?
This nine-day residential leadership programme is designed to develop participants into future senior leaders. The scope of the programme will be to embrace new ways of leading, managing and delivering community services. The main focus of the programme is on:
- Community nursing and primary care
- ‘Leading beyond Covid-19’ and transformation of cultures within the health and social care settings
- Leading with kindness and compassion
- Leading transformational change and building resilience for yourself and your team
- Strategic thinking to enhance efficiency and productivity, whilst working with constrained budgets and resources.
The programme provides the head space for senior nurse leaders to focus on 'self', really understand what it means to be you in both your own organisation, as well as the system. It provides a set of tools/skills that enable nurses to hold their own at a strategic level and improve confidence, affirming that they are where they are because they have worked hard and deserve to be there! It is professionally life changing and I have met people that I know I will be friends with for life!Executive Nurse Leader feedback
Are you eligible to apply?
- You must be a registered nurse currently working in or have influence in a community or primary care setting or adult social care in England, Northern Ireland, Wales, the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man.
- You must be currently working in an Executive, Deputy, Associate or Assistant Director or equivalent AND can demonstrate strategic thinking and working within your role.
- You must have input and influence at board level within your organisation.
- You must provide a statement of support from your manager.
How to apply
The applications are currently closed.
If you have any questions, please contact our Leadership Programmes team at email@example.com.
In 2019, when a group of Queen’s Nurses finished the programme, they created a testimonial book to the National Garden Scheme, but also to evidence their growth and development, each choosing their favourite flower as the focus for their reflection. View a copy of the book they created here.