Executive Nurse Leadership Programme
The programme is for senior nurse leaders working at Executive or Assistant/Associate Director level in the community setting.
We are planning to have one Executive Nurse Leadership Programme solely for Queen’s Nurses and for one for fee-paying non Queen’s Nurses each year.
Who is it for?
If you can say ‘yes’ to all the questions below, this programme is right for you!
- Are you an Executive or Assistant/Associate Director Nurse or are you working at a strategic level within your role?
- Do you have input and influence at board level within your organisation?
- Do you want to develop your leadership skills?
- Do you want to go from ‘Good to Great’?
What is it about?
This nine-day residential leadership programme, fully funded by National Garden Scheme and NHS England, is designed to develop participants into future senior leaders. The scope of the programme will be to embrace new ways of leading, managing and delivering community services. The main focus of the programme is on:
- Community nursing and primary care
- ‘Leading beyond Covid-19’ and transformation of cultures within the health and social care settings
- Leading with kindness and compassion
- Leading transformational change and building resilience for yourself and your team
- Strategic thinking to enhance efficiency and productivity, whilst working with constrained budgets and resources.
Are you eligible to apply?
- You must be currently working in or have influence in a community or primary care setting or adult social care in England, Northern Ireland and Wales.
- You must be currently working in an Executive or Assistant/Associate/Deputy Director role OR can demonstrate strategic thinking and working within your role.
- You must have input and influence at board level within your organisation.
- You must provide a statement of support from your manager.
How to apply (please note applications for 2022 are now closed).
- Make sure you meet the eligibility criteria listed above.
- Read the quidance where we have included all the information about the programme, dates and application process.
- Ask your line manager for a letter/email of support.
- Complete the online application form.
In 2019, when a group of Queen’s Nurses finished the programme, they created a testimonial book to the National Garden Scheme, but also to evidence their growth and development, each choosing their favourite flower as the focus for their reflection. View a copy of the book they created here.
If you have any queries about the programme please contact Sharon Aldridge-Bent, Director of Nursing Programmes (Leadership) at firstname.lastname@example.org. Any admin queries can be sent to email@example.com.