International Community Nurse of the Year Award
The International Community Nurse of the Year Award celebrates the contribution of international nurses and recognises one outstanding nurse who has been working in England as a registered nurse for the last 1-5 years.
Criteria for Award Nominees
- Registered nurse (NMC)
- Trained and registered as a nurse outside of the United Kingdom, Channel Islands and the Isle of Man
- Resident in England and working as a Registered Nurse for a minimum of one year and less than six years
- Working in any community setting – including a community hospital, general practice and adult social care/care home
- Been in post for a minimum of one year and in a substantive position (either part-time or full-time)
Evidence of Success
- Shows evidence of commitment to community nursing (e.g. education and learning, continuing professional development)
- Demonstrates excellent patient care at all times (e.g. patient and/or peer feedback to employer/manager)
- Contributes to a service improvement benefiting patients, carers and/or staff
- Demonstrates professional integrity, acts as a role model and supports other team members.
How to Nominate Someone
Nominations for 2023 are now closed.