Become a Queen’s Nurse
Promoting the highest standards of patient care in the community.
The application process for 2023 is now closed and the results have been announced. If you have not received your results, please first check your spam folder, then contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dates for 2024 have not been set yet. Please sign up to our newsletter as this is how it will be announced.
General criteria to apply for the Queen’s Nurse title:
- Currently registered with the Nursing and Midwifery Council (please make sure your NMC record is up to date)
- Minimum of working five years in a community or primary care setting
- Currently working in England, Wales, Northern Ireland, the Channel Islands or the Isle of Man with people in their own homes or other community-based settings including education
- Must have support from your direct line manager who has managed you for at least six months or senior colleague at the same seniority as the current line manager
- Must have support from your professional/clinical lead who has worked with you for at least six months
- Must not be under investigation by the NMC
- Must not be under investigation by your employing organisation
- Must not be the subject of any disciplinary proceedings.
How to apply for the Queen’s Nurse Title
The application process for 2023 is now closed. You can read the guidance from the last year to learn more about the process.
We highly recommend that you use your personal device when completing the online forms related to the application. Some organisations’ web security restrictions do not work correctly with the online on our website which means that your application/form might not be submitted properly. Please check our suggestions here for solutions and other options first. You may have to liaise with your IT team for other solutions.
If you have any questions, we strongly advise that you check the guidance first as it contains answers to many Frequently Asked Questions. If you have any technical issues, please check our suggestions here. If you still can’t find the answer to your question, please contact us at email@example.com.
Being a Queen's nurse elevates me every day to work hard to provide the highest level of care l can give, even in times of austerity.Carol Webley-Brown QN