Explore a collection of resources by Forum members, providing valuable insights into various research career pathways, and offering practical tips and advice tailored for those starting or advancing through their research-related journeys.
- “So, what’s next… a PhD?” blog by Professor Julie Green from Keele University. Julie explores the considerations and options, discussing career paths, personal development, and the potential next steps in academia or beyond.
- Discover research-related career options with Dr Kath Williamson, bringing over 20+ years of experience in community nursing.
- When is a PhD the right next step and how to get started? blog by Professor Candy McCabe offers great insights into career pathways and funding.
- Walk the path of Clinical Academic with Dr Helen Lyndon and gain some useful insights.
- Explore Anca Manea’s journey of becoming a research-active community learning disability nurse.
- “Nurse-led research is vital to generate high-quality evidence: why nurses should be involved in research” blog by Dr Ben Bowers, University of Cambridge and The Queen’s Nursing Institute. Ben reflects on what has helped him on his research journey so far as a clinical academic community nurse and discusses the important role that nurses play in shaping the future of research.
- Developing a Clinical Academic Career video by Dr Ben Bowers who shares tips and his experiences to date.
- Discover inspiration by exploring the profiles of our Forum members, offering a firsthand look at diverse and impactful research careers.
Kath’s Blog (Research Related Career Options). – Name, job title. Sentence summarising what the blog covers.
Helen’s Blog – Name, job title. Sentence summarising what the blog covers. Helen’s experiences and tips in walking the path of clinical academic