About the Forum
Welcome to the national forum for nurses and midwives interested in community research.
The forum’s key priorities are connecting people, peer support, collaborating and breaking down barriers to increase exposure and engagement with research in practice. We are supporting members to develop their research skills and network, providing opportunities for nurses to contribute to research studies, and implement and use high-quality evidence in clinical care.
The research forum is open to UK-based nurses and midwives interested in community research, encompassing childhood to adulthood nursing specialties. Members can be working in or researching any community-based settings, including primary care, social care and public health. Novices to experts in research are all welcome to join the inclusive, diverse and dynamic forum community.
- Explore research and funding opportunities
- Book your free place at our events
- View previous newsletters.
The forum was launched in July 2022 and is led by Dr Ben Bowers QN, Wellcome Post-Doctoral Research Fellow & Honorary Nurse Consultant in Palliative Care, end-of-life care researcher, University of Cambridge and Cambridgeshire and Peterborough NHS Foundation Trust.
If you are exploring community nursing research, the following links may be useful:
- Association of District Nurse and Community Nurse Educators
- International Collaboration for Community Health Nursing Research (ICCHNR)
- NIHR integrated clinical academic pathway
- NIHR Nursing Incubator
- NIHR School for Primary Care Research
- NIHR School for Social Care Research.
- Lucy Pratt, Programme, Network and Events Co-ordinator
- Dr Ben Bowers, Honorary Nurse Consultant in Palliative Care, end of life care researcher, University of Cambridge: firstname.lastname@example.org and via Twitter: @Ben_Bowers__.
The organisers are grateful to the cross-ARC Palliative and End of Life Care Collaboration for their support and encouragement.