Long Covid Research Papers
New research about the longer-term effects of Covid-19 is being undertaken by scientists and clinicians at a rapid pace, and new information resources are being made available all the time.
If you know of a relevant resource, or an updated version, please contact us.
Please note, the QNI is not responsible for the content of third-party documents or links shared on our website. Information is presented for information only and does not necessarily imply endorsement of any of the views expressed.
- UKHSA review shows vaccinated less likely to have long COVID than unvaccinated
- The effectiveness of vaccination against long COVID
- The prevalence and long-term health effects of Long Covid among hospitalised and non-hospitalised populations: a systematic review and meta-analysis – eClinicalMedicine (thelancet.com)
- Postacute Sequelae of Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome Coronavirus 2 Infection: A State-of-the-Art Review | JACC: Basic to Translational Science
- Attributes and predictors of long COVID | Nature Medicine
- How Effects on the Brain Can Produce Long COVID
- Long covid—mechanisms, risk factors, and management (bmj.com)
- More than half of patients with rheumatic disease, COVID-19 report ‘long-haul’ symptoms (healio.com)
- Post-COVID syndrome in non-hospitalised patients with COVID-19: a longitudinal prospective cohort study – ScienceDirect
- Racial Health Disparity and COVID-19 | SpringerLink
- Long Covid and the Ghost of Nursing Theory – Elaine Maxwell and Mark Radford, published 5 August 2021
- Primary care nursing’s ‘huge role’ in long Covid – Nursing in Practice 2021
- Addressing nutrition in the road map of recovery for those with long COVID-…: EBSCOhost (oclc.org)
- The prevalence of stigma in a UK community survey of people with lived experience of long COVID – The Lancet
Children and Young People
- 2021 Increased child abuse in Uganda amidst COVID-19 pandemic
- 2021 The Effect of COVID-19 on Education (nih.gov)
- The Sexual and Reproductive Health of Adolescents and Young Adults During the COVID-19 Pandemic – PubMed (nih.gov)
- Long COVID-The New “Invisible” Illness: How School Nurses Can Support the Nursing and Educational Teams for Student Success – PubMed (nih.gov)
- Children with Long Covid: Co-producing a specialist community public health nursing response (Journal of Health Visiting)
- Prepare to serve students with COVID‐19‐related long‐term disabilities – ProQuest
- Persistent symptoms following SARS-CoV-2 infection amongst children and young people: A meta-analysis of controlled and uncontrolled studies – Journal of Infection.
- Rates and predictors of uptake of mental health support during the COVID-19 pandemic: an analysis of 26,720 adults in the UK in lockdown | SpringerLink
- Post-COVID syndrome and suicide risk | QJM: An International Journal of Medicine | Oxford Academic (oup.com)
- First-onset psychosis in older adults: social isolation influence during COVID (wiley.com)
- ‘I can’t cope with multiple inputs’: a qualitative study of the lived experience of ‘brain fog’ after COVID-19 | BMJ Open
- Premorbid vulnerability and disease severity impact on Long-COVID cognitive impairment | SpringerLink